Glebe Grab & Go Books – Winter 2021
- Put book holds in to the library catalog – Destiny Discover – by Thursday evenings
- Log in to Destiny Discover to see if the books you put on hold are in your Checkouts
- NEW! Pick up books at the front of Glebe on Mondays, 11 am – 3 pm
- NEW! Now put up to 5 books on hold at a time!
How do I get books?
There are two options – please choose one:
- You pick the books – Log into the library catalog and place holds on up to 5 specific print book titles by Thursday evenings. This video will show you how to do this.
- We pick the books – Fill out this Google Form (also on the left hand side of our webpage) to let us know your child’s interests and we will select books for you. This is a great option for younger students or those who may not know a specific title or author they want to read.
How do I pick up my books?
Important: Before coming to Glebe on Mondays, please remember to check your account (see this video to learn how to do this) to see if books have been checked out to you. If books you put on hold are listed under Checkouts, that means that they (or replacement “to try” book(s) ) will be waiting for you to pick up on Monday. Come to the front of Glebe and tell us your name. We will get your bag of book(s) to you as quickly as possible. If you are not able to come to Glebe on Mondays between 11 am – 3 pm, the books will be available for pick up in the school office between 9-1 pm, T-F. If the books are not picked up within 2 weeks, we will return them to the library.
How do I return books?
Returns can be placed in the Book Drop outside of Glebe at any time.
Have more questions?
Check out our FAQs on the left-hand side of this page. If you have further questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Wine or Mr. Rene.
Accessing ebooks & audiobooks using MackinVIA
Glebe has over 7,000 ebooks and audiobooks available through MackinVIA. There are multiple ways to find books – search by title, author’s name, or keyword, or browse categories of books such as sports or books in Spanish. Once you find books of interest, you can read right away or checkout and download the book to a device to read offline.
- Click here for a quick reference flyer on how to access and search MackinVIA
- Click here to watch a video about logging into and searching for ebooks and audiobooks
Questions? Please contact Mrs. Wine or Mr. Rene
The mission of the Glebe Elementary School Library is to inspire and empower students to become life-long readers, skilled researchers, and proficient in media technology.
The Glebe Elementary Library functions under the philosophy of being the heart of the school’s academic program. Our goal is to serve as the school’s learning commons where students and teachers come together to access and create new knowledge. The library collection is current, which provides users with information that will meet their various educational needs. Students are encouraged to read to enhance their learning experience, as well as for enjoyment, in order to continually improve their intellectual development.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Students may visit the library to check out books and do independent research during this time.
The library has more than 15,000 resources for use by students, teachers, and parents. The collection is mainly comprised of print resources: picture books, easy readers, fiction, non-fiction, biography, and reference. In addition, we have audiobooks and periodicals for students and teachers.
Please note that our library collection serves students in grades Pre-K through 5 with a range of reading and maturity levels. As we get to know your child, we can help make good recommendations. In the meantime, please let your child know that if they are uncomfortable with any book or e-book they read, they can return it immediately and make a different selection.
Kristin Wine – Library Media Specialist
René Arana – Library Media Assistant